There are three types of Counter Argument.
- The Rebuttal: states that the Argument is not true.
- The Underminer: states that one of the Premises of Argument is not true.
- The Undercutter: states that the relationship between the Argument and the Position is not true.
For example, for the Argument Pelé is the greatest footballer because Pelé won three World Cups:
- The Rebuttal: Pelé did not win three World Cups.
- The Underminer: 17 other players have won three World Cups.
- The Undercutter: Winning three World Cups does not make you the greatest ever footballer
This page was last edited on Wednesday, 29 Jan 2020 at 12:07 UTC