Parli is building an Opinion Map, or encyclopaedia of ideas.
Our objective is to build an internet-scale media platform showcasing all opinions in a calm, descriptive voice, and to build a powerful back-end data service to help understand the nature of opinion.
We are looking for a bright Natural Language Processing Engineer/Computational Linguist with expertise in machine learning and/or knowledge representation.
You will work in a unique interdisciplinary environment together with UX researchers and linguists to create the first open access opinions atlas which will change the way we process information on crucial social matters.
So if you are keen on working on a challenging research project to map the world’s opinions, we’d love to meet you.
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or equivalent work experience
- Graduated from a UK-based Institution and authorisation to work in the UK
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in a modern programming language (Python / C++ preferred)
- Good skills in statistical modelling and machine learning
- Knowledge in diverse areas of NLP; expertise in discourse processing and/or argumentation mining is a plus
- Experience in evaluation and maintenance of language databases is a plus
Location: Offices in London and Liverpool, but day-to-day work can be remote.
Salary: £40 - 60,000 depending on experience
Closing: 15th July 2019
Please send your CV and a Covering Letter to Turi Munthe: email@example.com